Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dirty, Tarnished Silverware??

Yes, it's true...polishing Grandma's hand-me-down, precious silver can be very tedious. In fact, that used to be one of my chores at my Grandma's house before Thanksgiving. We would break out all the silverware and I'd sit in the formal living room with a bottle of polish...all the while complaining that it just didn't make sense!! Plastic forks would be fine, nobody would notice...!

Fact of the matter is, there's something special about commemorating certain events with antique heirlooms...that being said, I shut my mouth and got back to polishing.

A few years ago, a customer of mine asked me if she could use the bags to vacuum seal her silver (would the bag be strong enough). It took me a while to realize what a great idea that was! Why hadn't I thought of that...ugh! So, I ran an "experiment" and it definitely works. In fact, I highly recommend storing anything that tarnishes in vacuum seal bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment